Gratitude is an immensely powerful force that we can use to expand our happiness, create loving relationships, and even improve our health.
If there is anyone who understands the power of gratitude, it’s Dr. Deepak Chopra. An expert in the field of mind-body healing, alternative medicine and founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing, Deepak Chopra has made it his mission to “reprogram people’s subconscious” and it all starts with gratitude.
So why is gratitude so important to Deepak? According to one of his lectures:
In comparison with control groups, those who cultivated a grateful outlook:
- Felt better about their lives as a whole
- Experienced greater levels of joy and happiness
- Felt optimistic about the future
- Got sick less often
- Exercised more regularly
- Had more energy, enthusiasm, determination, and focus
- Made greater progress toward achieving important personal goals
- Slept better and awoke feeling refreshed
- Felt stronger during trying times
- Enjoyed closer family ties
- Were more likely to help others and offer emotional support
- Experienced fewer symptoms of stress*
*Source: Robert Emmons and Michael McCullough
Gratitude brings our attention into the present, which is the only place where miracles can unfold. The deeper our appreciation, the more we see with the eyes of the soul and the more our life flows in harmony with the creative power of the universe.
Deepak Chopra is an Indian American author and public speaker. He is an alternative medicine advocate and a promoter of popular forms of spirituality